Contents hypnosis the Key to Self-Empowerment
- What is hypnosis?
- The matrusjka dolls inside of us
- Hypnosis is comparable to going to the cinema
- Mindfulness a ‘big hit’, what about hypnosis?
- We must only fear not educating ourselves
- Normal consciousness versus subconsciousness
- Hypnosis and hypnotherapy: A vast field
- The role of emotions
- Emotions sells
- Fantasy or fact? How do we deal with this?
- Dave Elman and the enormous potential of hypnosis
- Hypnosis and science
- The importance of neuroplasticity
- The power of words
- Misconceptions of hypnosis
- The tip of the iceberg
- Influencing DNA
- Hypnosis and quantum physics
- What has quantum physics to do with hypnosis?
- The power of belief
- Unified field theory
- The role of our belief system
- We see what we have learned to see
- Taking responsibility for your life
- Hypnotherapy for mental health problems
- Weight problems
- Quit smoking with hypnosis
- Depression and burn-out
- Fear and phobias
- Sexual dysfunction
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Learning capabilities
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Palliative care
- Hypnosis for medical problems
- The autonomic nervous system
- Pregnancy and birthing
- Emergency hypnosis
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Allergies, eczema, and hay fever
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Hypnosis at the dentist
- Hypnosis for children
- A baby in the womb
- Bedwetting (enuresis)
- Fear and anxiety
- Fidgeting children, concentration problems
- Sensitive kids
- Study problems and test anxiety
- Being bullied
- Severe illness
- Other applications of hypnosis
- Sport hypnosis
- Forensic hypnosis
- Lost objects and memories
- A brief history of hypnosis
- Franz Anton Mesmer (1734-1815)
- Baron D’Henin de Cuvillers (1755-1841)
- James Braid (1795-1860)
- Auguste Ambroise Liébeault (1823-1904)
- Hippolyte Bernheim (1840-1919)
- James Esdaile (1808-1859)
- Sigmund Freud (1856-1939)
- Dave Elman 1900-1967
- Milton Erickson 1901-1980
- Ernest Hilgard (1904-2001)
- Gerald Kein
- Hypnosis techniques
- Regression to cause
- Past life regression
- Light Body Technique
- Ultra Height hypnosis
- Ines Simpson protocol
- Parts therapy
- Learning pain elimination for a medical procedure
- Helping a child get rid of anger
- Fear of flying
- Processing trauma
- Release of mental and physical problems
- Going to the dentist without fear
- About the authors
Quotes from the book
We have a most amazing brain. We are using it the way we are taught since we were children, however, it holds so much more. The same way it can hinder us it can help us in the most amazing ways by using hypnosis.
In this book you find an explanation of what hypnosis is. and why it is so important to know about hypnosis as a dynamic and impressive key to self-empowerment.
It will be explained why it is so difficult to change your world by your normal thinking faculty. And how you can create tremendous change by involving your sub conscious mind through hypnosis.
In this book we will explain that the trance state of hypnosis is a very natural phenomenon that most people experience every day without being aware of it. In fact knowing about hypnosis and the states you enter naturally can be very empowering.
This book will explain how hypnosis works, how it can be used in many ways in your life, either therapeutically or for enhancing your personal life.
In order to understand the world around you, the role of consciousness and themind body relation, we turn to quantum physics as an explanation.
The authors of this book sincerely hope that understanding of hypnosis, the removal of many misconceptions will open a door for the reader to discover hypnosis as a very good tool for personal growth, empowerment and whenever necessary for mental and or physical healing.
Through the history of hypnosis we saw its uses repressed in a number of cases and still hypnosis is not yet fully embraced by the general public as a viable means for healing the mind and body. Whereas especially in the field of neuroscience we no longer need to convince scientists that hypnosis is real and can have major impact since scientist in this field are not studying the value of hypnosis since they already know. Furthermore more and more hospitals are using hypnosis either for problems such as irritable bowl syndrome, pain elimination and also operations are done with the sole use of hypnosis as natural anesthesia.
What is hypnosis?
In fact we cannot tell exactly what hypnosis is. Scientists are still trying to figure it out. Is it a state or is it a process? The one thing that is very important to realize is that hypnosis is a very natural state of mind. You can enter this state naturally several times a day without noticing you are in another state of mind. To give you some examples. Becoming emerged in music or a movie. To be engrossed in your work. Or when you are so in thought while driving your car that you almost miss the next exit. This latter we call high way hypnosis. This can happen when your normal consciousness , I.e. Logical analytical part of your mind is engaged for instance with problem at work or a family issue while your subconscious mind is taking over the driving. For the subconscious mind your safety is of greater importance than finding the right exit.
Every day we enter the state of hypnosis naturally; most of the time we are not aware of this. When we get lost in a book or movie we can become so concentrated that it is almost as if we experience the story and emotions ourselves. It is a moment we feel like we are in a flow and the times seems to fly. That is just a state of hypnosis, in fact a state of great focus, whereby our critical and analytical thinking is less present.
Hypnosis and quantum physics
“If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.” Niels Bohr
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” Nicola Tesla
A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. R.C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005.
Quantum physics is a part of physics that tries to explain the behavior of the building block what makes up our reality such as atoms and electrons and ever smaller particles.
The study of what we now call quantum physics started already more than 100 years ago and still many important findings from quantum physics we have not integrated into our daily lives, simply because we cannot understand the implications and we have a great difficulty to believe what this science is trying to tell us.